Saturday, February 23, 2019

Consumer Critique: New Toys from Edushape

EduShape is a company that publishes a variety of kid-friendly, educational toys for babies and children. I've gotten a chance to see some of their products before, and they recently sent me two new ones to check out.

Geostacker is designed for kids above 12 months. The bright, squeezable shapes encourage discovery of different shapes, textures, and colors. The stackable frames encourage fine motor control and help prepare infants for being able to make stacks without assistance. The frames are actually more durable than I expected, and the shapes are fun to squeeze. As kids get older, they can try to duplicate the shapes on the included cards.

Tub Sub is a toy that I definitely would have bought when my kids were younger. It's an innovative little toy that can either sink like a sub (although the periscope still sticks up) or float like a boat, depending on whether or not it's folded. It's easy to fold the top part into the bottom and easy to pull up again, so kids will be able to make the change themselves. I like how it's designed so that water can easily drain and dry out.

No comments:

Post a Comment