Casey Rislov wrote a new book Love , which turns one of the most popular Bible verses into a bedtime story for the little ones. With sweet illustrations by Rachel Balsaitis, this quick baby-board book is inspired by 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, which celebrates the power of love and reminds us that with love, anything is possible. An accompanying QR code allows readers to download corresponding songs.
Rislov, who holds a Master’s degree in elementary education and certified in early childhood development and special needs, created Love after the award-winning success of the children’s book Love is Forever. She believes the messages of Love rings true now more than ever as our world faces division and turmoil and chaos from the COVID-19 pandemic —and teaches children compassion and kindness at a young age.
I had a chance to see the copy of the book, which is sweet and heartwarming, brief enough for the youngest readers, but still a powerful message for all ages.
“Love endures through all,” says Rislov. “I think love reminds us that we can get through anything when we reply on this message and those around us.”
She believes the messages of Love rings true now more than ever as our world faces division and turmoil and chaos from the COVID-19 pandemic —and teaches children compassion and kindness at a young age.She shares these ways to share quality time with your loved ones, even when you can’t be together:
- Come up with a plan to create an art project or building project and then call one another (Facetime, Zoom, etc) when both are done creating (have a set time) and take turns talking about what you created. You can talk about what items you used, if it was easy, how long it took, did you run into any problems, what did you learn, and what would you share for tips on recreating.
- Create a card or art project you can send in the mail to brighten that loved one’s day. You never know, that person could do something in return and it could be back and forth for a while. Receiving cards and special items in the mail make for a great day.
- Watch the same movie on the same night (or afternoon and morning) and then talk about it when it is done. Movies are always fun to share the experience with.
- You could do online quizzes or games together. Quizzes could be getting to know you questions like what is your favorite color, breakfast, outside activity and more. Listen to one another and practice taking turns.
- Have goodnight videos calls. Maybe the person reads or tells a short story to you. You could also take turns telling a story together. One you made up and are making up as you go along or you both have the same book and are taking turns.
- Love is everlasting and feels great in our hearts even when things are not convenient. It’s important to show our love and care for one another. Just listening to a person’s day and commenting makes loved one’s hearts feel great. Let’s be that person who chooses to bring smiles and show love.