Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Consumer Critique: Dance Floor Arsenal

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

I'm not a spectacular dancer. I can handle line dancing and things with repetitive steps (Macarena, for example) and I have very simple ballroom dancing skills. My husband, although he has a good sense of rhythm and took a dance class in college as a music major requirement, doesn't love dancing either. There's a very cost-effective solution available. After being embarrassed by his terrible dancing, Nick Taylor, a young and single socialite, partnered with a New York-based choreographer, Ben Watson, to come up with a solution to end dance floor embarrassment for men of all ages – Dance Floor Arsenal.
  
It's a comprehensive e-book with videos to help with the basics of dancing in just a few weeks. At a cost less than one single dance lesson in many areas ($29.99), you'll get 20 video lessons, a guidebook, practice playlists, and access to the team during your course.

The lessons have good tutorials that break things down, exercises to help improve your sense of rhythm, techniques for dancing with women - and insight on dancing from the female perspective. 

Obviously this is targeted towards men, but there's actually some parts of the lessons that women might want to join in, particularly the exercises to find rhythm. Dancing is a great workout, and in most cases, it's not that hard to switch from the men's role to the women's role when dancing.

My husband and I had a lot of fun with this. I don't think we'll go clubbing anytime soon, but it was a great way to prepare for upcoming weddings!



No comments:

Post a Comment