Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Book Nook: Nancy Guettier

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own. 

Singer-songwriter and children's book author Nancy Guettier finds inspiration in each of her kids to write entertaining children's stories. Her style is whimsical and fun, books that provide education with a kid-friendly story. The five-book series from publisher Morgan James Kids includes: Mermaids on Mars, Roy G. Biv is Mad at Me Because I LOVE PINK!, Circus in the Sky, Jude's Moon and I Wish. 

In Mermaids on Mars, the mermaids who once lived on Mars share how much fun they had in the water there - until they used it all up, encouraging water conservation.

Roy G. Biv is Mad at Me follows a rainbow who encourages a little girl to open her eyes to all the colors around her, not just her favorite pink. 

Stargazers will enjoy Circus in the Sky as a little boy discovers all the circus acts that appear in the night sky in the form of constellations.

Also with a space theme, Jude's Moon explains the phases of the moon and the sun.

I Wish has a heartwarming story about friendship and what is truly important.

"Adopting my children was a blessing and they inspired me to pour my creativity into writing children's books,” says Guettier.  "It's important to me to provide kids, not only entertainment, but educational value as well. My hope is that children around the globe will love these books so much, they will read them again and again.”


My kids loved all of the stories. I thought they had a good blend of fantasy and education, and the illustrations and text were very kid-pleasing.

Habitat for Humanity receives a portion of Nancyland book proceeds. For more information, visit www.NancylandKids.com

No comments:

Post a Comment