Monday, April 4, 2016

Book Nook: If My Heart Could Talk - A Story of Faith, Family, and Miracles

In If My Heart Could Talk, Dodie Osteen, mother of Joel Osteen, gives readers a personal account of her extraordinary life and shares what she has learned about love, faith, and family.

I had a chance to review the book, and honestly, even though I'm really not a fan of Joel Osteen and the main points he is known for, I did enjoy reading the book. It humanizes the story of the Osteen family and gives a more intimate viewpoint than the picture common knowledge tends to paint. It's also inspiring to read how she has been able to overcome a lot in her life - polio as a child, cancer, and the death of her husband - while still being able to write with a positive, joyful attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment