Friday, December 30, 2016

Book Nook: Unemployable

I recently had a chance to review Unemployable! by David Roberts.

David, author and Renegade Capitalist™, feels that now is actually the best time to start a business. He's a serial entrepreneur who understands the process of creating financial integrity and knows the successes and challenges of starting a business.

The book was an interesting read (and honestly helped inspire me to make some employment changes in my own life, although I think it was more the kick in the pants I needed to make a change than anything earth-shattering about the book itself). It's written with a clear, casual tone.

The book isn't exactly what the subtitle makes it seem. With a subtitle of "how to be successfully unemployed your entire life" I expected more tips on finances and entrepreneurship. There are some - creating a business plan, financial literacy, and lessons learned in each chapter. It just wasn't quite as detailed as it could have been - however, that does make it a good introductory book for someone trying to figure out if self-employment is the right move for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment