Friday, December 9, 2016

Movie Minute: Long Way North

Long Way North is a movie about an ambitious girl who wants to reach the North Pole in search of her grandfather, a famous explorer and scientist. I had a chance to see a screener of this French-Danish film, and I really enjoyed it.

As a mother of two girls, I have a soft spot in my heart for movies that have strong female role models - especially if science is involved. The animation style is different from many typical animated family movies, so it has a fresh new look that's nostalgic at the same time. My older daughter was really intrigued with the setting in 19th century Russia, and with a PG rating, (very mild danger) it's a good movie for the whole family.

You can see it in upcoming showings in Bellingham WA and Chicago. Shout Factory will be releasing it for film and digital download in January. It'll be a great winter film to watch with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment