Saturday, March 4, 2017

Book Nook: Pure Heart

I recently had a chance to review Pure Heart: A Spirited Tale of Grace, Grit, and Whiskey by Troy Ball. I had no idea what to expect, since I'm honestly not all that interested in liquor. However, the creation of Troy's whiskey was secondary to the story of her family - their special needs children, health and financial issues that face the family, and the persistence to become the first female to legally sell moonshine in North Carolina.

I enjoyed the book. None of it was written in a "poor me" standpoint - she freely admitted her contribution to the family's struggles, as well as her frustrations with her husband. But she also shared her stories of overcoming the odds and refusing to hear no for an answer. It's a good book for anyone who likes inspirational stories of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment