Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Book Nook: The Moth Presents All These Wonders

The Moth is a  non-profit dedicated to the art of storytelling. I love listening to the stories that come on MPR from time to time. There are really some amazing experiences people have had, and very gifted ways of telling them.

I was a little concerned when I got to review The Moth Presents All These Wonders that the audio storytelling excitement would eclipse the written word. However, good storytelling is good storytelling, no matter what the medium is.

The stories are all about facing the unknown, which encompasses a huge variety of experiences - so there's something for everyone. Astronaut, refugee, musician, former spy, student, experienced professional - people from many walks of faith share what happened when they faced the unknown.

This book was inspiring to read. I learned a lot about what other people go through. At times I was surprised, at times I was able to empathize with the storytellers, and they all did a good job of bringing me into their world, even if it was only for a brief time.

Learn more about The Moth on Facebook and Twitter.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment