Sunday, August 3, 2008

Money Makers: Just Answer

One of the places I tutor for is Just Answer. This website is a great resource for tough questions, since experts must pass a test in the categories they wish to work in, and are generally certified in their field. You choose the value of your questions, and the experts answer. Experts make a portion of the value, which goes up as you use the site more often.

The biggest downside is that students don't have to "accept" the answer in order to see it. Some students abuse this. They are eventually removed, but there is a chance you won't be paid for everything you do. Still, it works out to about $20/hr for me when I work on it (and I do it a total of about 2 hours a month). I could be answering more questions - there are a lot of essay-type questions that I don't assist with, just because I prefer the short and easy ones.

Anyway, I encourage you to sign up. It's a great resource for detailed questions that you can't just Google the answer. It's also a nice way to make some money if you're an expert in one of the listed fields (for example, legal, auto, homework, medical, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment