Saturday, October 25, 2008

Website Spotlight: CafeMom

Have you heard of CafeMom?


Free Diaper Sweepstakes


Now, the ad makes me laugh - just the idea of the niche marketing to the level of Goth Mommies! I'm sure there are some out there, and it's good to connect with others who have shared interests, but I do have to say I've never seen a website target that group before.

Anyway, on to the review. Like many other parenting site, CafeMom includes ways to interact with other members. There are some unique features, though, such as "thought bubbles" (like twitter) and "hot lists" (sharing website finds). Of course, journals/blogs and photos are also included. You can also participate in showdowns (fun photo competitions) and polls.

The site is not as informative as other sites, but that's not its intent. It tries to be a fun, unique way for moms to get some virtual socialization, and for that, I think it does a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment