Monday, December 15, 2008

Mealtime Magic: Runza

My mom used to make this when I was growing up. It's very filling and is a great way to combine meat, veggies, and bread all together.

Thaw out a loaf of frozen bread dough.
Cook your choice of one pound of meat (ground pork/beef/turkey/chicken or chicken pieces work best).
Choose your veggie (cabbage, corn, and tomatoes are popular for us).
Choose your cheese.
Choose your optional extras (spaghetti sauce, taco seasonings, etc).

Layer it all on the rolled-out bread dough and wrap it up as best you can (I've never been as good as my mom who manages to get everything inside with no tears, but it still tastes fine).

Cook at 350 for about 20 minutes or so, until dough is golden brown.

I think the original way is ground beef, cabbage, and mozzarella, but I honestly have no idea anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment