Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thrifty Thursday: Entrecard

Those of you who visit my site will see a "Blog of the Day" with a logo and "drop" beneath it that continually changes. This is Entrecard, a blog advertising network.

What makes Entrecard so thrifty? Well, it's basically free ads for your blog. You earn credit for hosting advertisements and for dropping your card on other sites, which you then use to put advertisements up on other sites.

I don't know if I've gotten any new subscribers from Entrecard, but I do know that I get visitors and ads - and when you're a new blogger, free publicity, even if it's not to a lot of people, is a very good thing.

Entrecard is simple to use, as long as you have a square button. You can also use one of their text-based templates if you don't have a graphic yourself. The dashboard tells you everything you need to know, including how many people have gone to your site as a result of Entrecard ads.

If you have a blog, consider adding Entrecard! If you already have it, let me know and I'll try to make an effort to drop on your site. If you drop on mine, I always return the favor (not every day, but at least a few times a week when I remember to check my drops).

Thrifty Jinxy

No comments:

Post a Comment