Friday, August 28, 2009

Website Spotlight: BreakPal




I recently found out about the site BreakPal. BreakPal is a nifty little Yahoo! widget that you can use to help remind you to get moving. This is a great tool for people who are stuck at desk jobs (or bloggers or others who work at home in front of a computer for much of the day).

BreakPal offers ways for companies to create employee health programs for workplaces. The workouts are great little micro workouts that are usually 3-5 minutes long.

I've been using the widget for about a month now, and I do have to say that it does provide a great reminder to get moving. I often lose track of time, especially when my daughter is actually sleeping, so otherwise I probably wouldn't get moving while working. And since I work at home as an online teacher, the frequent admonishments to get up and move, coupled with actually ideas in how to move, do enhance my energy level. There is also a social aspect as well, and the website provides links to more workouts and tips.


If you like BreakPal, feel free to join the BreakPal Facebook group. If you find yourself sitting on your computer chair too much, download it - it's free! The free version, however, only comes with 5 exercises; for $9.95 a month you can get access to much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment