Wednesday, December 23, 2009

From Heav'n Above

From heav'n above to earth I come
to bear good news to everyone.
Glad tidings of great joy I bring
to all the world, and gladly sing:

To you this night is born a child
of Mary, chosen virgin mild.
This newborn child, of lowly birth,
shall be the joy of all the earth.

This is the Christ, God's Son most high,
who hears your sad and bitter cry.
He will himself your Savior be
and from all sin will set you free.

Welcome to earth, O noble Guest,
through whom this sinful world is blessed!
You turned not from our needs away!
How can our thanks such love repay?

My heart for very joy now leaps.
My voice no longer silence keeps.
I, too, must join the angel-throng
to sing with joy his cradle-song.

"Glory to God in highest heaven,
who unto us a Son has given."
With angels sing in joyful mirth -
a glad new year to all the earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment