Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mealtime Magic: Marinated Tuna

I got a coupon to try StarKist marinated tuna through the VocalPoint program. I've used it before and been quite pleased.

There are a lot of ways to use tuna. Of course there's tuna fish sandwiches, but tuna melts are also a great way to eat it (put tuna salad on bread, cover with cheese, and bake until bread is toasted). The marinated tuna actually works really well in this dish I sort of made up a while ago, too. (I say sort-of because I didn't use any recipe but I'm sure other people have made it).

I made lettuce wraps. I took the lemon pepper marinated tuna and mixed it with just a hint of mayo and grated carrots. Then I scooped a spoon full on a lettuce leaf and rolled it up. It was a big hit at the potluck we took it to!

No comments:

Post a Comment