Friday, April 5, 2013

Consumer Critique: David Carter's 100

I recently had a chance to read David Carter's 100: Lift the Flaps and Learn to Count! I liked this book - and so did my girls. Most kids love flap books, and enjoy discovering what's behind them again and again. And I liked that this book went all the way up to 100, where typical kids' books only go to 10 or 20. Even if kids can't actually count that high, it's really helpful from a math literacy perspective that they are aware that numbers can go on for what seems like forever. This book would definitely not be for kids who aren't careful with books to have alone, as the number of flaps means that they could get ripped; when we had toddlers, we kept flap books up higher and let them have them only when they were on our laps or next to us until they learned how to handle them carefully. But this book would even delight older early readers - my 5-year-old sat down and read it immediately. To get a taste of the book in action, check out the video below!



Disclosure: Post contains affiliate or sponsored links, which support this blog at no cost to you. I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment