Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mother's Day - Best Gift for Me!

I am a very busy mother. I juggle working, the household, a couple of odd jobs to make extra income, parenting, my own hobbies, managing my kids' education - and I'm sure most of you mothers out there do the same. So the best gift for me would be appreciation and time. I would love for my husband to decide he was going to take care of the nitty-gritty not-so-fun parts of parenting for a weekend. I would love it if he would take the girls somewhere to give me a few hours to myself. And I would love it, above all, if he did something to show that he really appreciates and tries to understand all that I do as a mother. Something like writing me a note, or talking to me, or working with the girls on thank-you cards - anything. I'm not picky! Plus, those would all be gifts that are budget-friendly, and really don't require a lot of technical work, crafty skills, or specific know-how. I'm not perfect, and I'm not hero - but I do a lot that goes unseen, and it would be nice to get a few kudos for that!

This post was written for the Nerdwallet Mother's Day Your Way contest. To enter the contest yourself, check out Mother's Day Your Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment