Friday, May 24, 2013

Consumer Critique: The Broken Circle

Disclosure: Post contains affiliate or sponsored links, which support this blog at no cost to you. I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

I used to love reading fantasy novels when I was younger. I still do enjoy them, but I've branched out into more genres. The teenage me would have really enjoyed The Broken Circle: Yarns of the Knitting Witches (Potluck Yarn Trilogy, Book 1). The book follows the story of twelve knitting witches, when impending chaos is likely to destroy the world's balance, and the dye crystals, source of power, are forbidden. The book incorporates a variety of themes, including family, decision making, maturity, relationships, and more.
This is a powerful book for female readers. The main characters are all realistic, well-developed females. The lessons learned throughout the story provide solid values. And, for people interested in diving deeper, parents and teachers can use the story to drive discussion, learn vocabulary, deepen analytical reasoning, and more, using the workbook available at potluckyarn.com. Parents and teens alike will enjoy this book. I did, and I'm sure I would have when I was a teen as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment