Friday, May 10, 2013

Consumer Critique: Shimmer & Splash

Disclosure: Post contains affiliate or sponsored links, which support this blog at no cost to you. I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

As a teacher, I love books that are educational; as a parent, I love books that hold my kids' attention. Shimmer & Splash: The Sparkling World of Sea Life does both. The illustrations are beautifully done, and the descriptions of the animals are very well-written too. The vocabulary is a bit higher level than typically found in kids' books, but it's a good chance to teach kids vocabulary too. It's easy to get a feel for the diversity of life found in the water. And it has a great feature with the fold out pages - life-size creatures! It's a great way to bring the ocean to life right in your own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment