Thursday, May 30, 2013

Consumer Critique: Somersets Grooming for Men

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

I'm a big fan of giving gifts that are practical, but something a little nicer than the recipient would normally buy. I also like giving consumable gifts instead of another trinket when I'm not sure quite what to get.
Somersets Grooming for Men fits the bill on both accounts. It's something that the recipient can use up, and is also something a little fancier than run-of-the-mill brands. Plus, unlike chemical-based foams and soaps, Somersets products are made with a special blend of organic essential oils and other natural ingredients. Somersets products do not contain any chemicals that can harm the skin or the environment. All of this, and they don't cost that much more than conventional brands - about $7-$15 depending on product.
I got a set of Somerset products for my husband to try out - shave gels, face wash and scrub, facial moisturizer, and shave oil (they also make a shaving oil for women, which I just might have to try). They smell manly, but not annoyingly so. And they smell fresh. My husband hasn't tried the shaving oil yet, but I like the idea - just a few drops to lubricate the skin, and then shaving. However, the gel and face wash, and the after-shave moisturizer, all work well. He has sensitive skin, and is prone to breakouts, and these products didn't irritate him at all or lead to extra breakouts.
Besides the website, Somersets can also be purchased at Drugstore.com. I recommend them as a gift for dads or other men in your life that's a little out of the ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment