Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Consumer Critique: Svetol® from Terra Naturally

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

Svetol® is a natural plant extract of decaffeinated green coffee bean. It slows the absorption of glucose in the intestines, and modulates the breakdown of sugar by the liver. Svetol® is a concentrated, clinically studied ingredient, that contains no caffeine. 

I had the opportunity to try out a product containing this extract: Green Coffee Bean Extract by Terra Naturally. I love what the supplement doesn't contain: sugar, salt, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, dairy products, artificial colors or flavors, preservatives. It makes it pretty allergy-friendly, and also avoids most of the main GMO ingredients. It's suitable for vegans too. I didn't feel any different taking it - so my energy level was stable (I wasn't jittery like caffeine supplements can do). And unlike in a brewed cup of coffee, the compounds that contribute to the slimming effect aren't destroyed (up to 70% are in a cup of coffee). I like the idea of a natural supplement instead of more drastic medical procedures or drugs too!

No comments:

Post a Comment