Saturday, December 7, 2013

Consumer Critique: Parli-Cards

Disclosure: I received complimentary products as a thank you for this post. All opinions are my own.

If you're a social studies teacher, a homeschooling parent, or someone who just wants to brush up on your own knowledge while teaching your kids, Parli-Cards can be a great resource. The games focus on knowledge about the founding fathers, government, and acronyms commonly used in sports, medicine, law, government, and texting. The games were a little old for my kids (they'd be more appropriate for upper-elementary and high school kids) but my husband and I enjoyed trying to figure out what we already knew and what we had forgotten.

I actually gave my games to a middle school social studies teacher I know. She's been using them in class, and especially loves using the cards as a quick activity if there's extra time before or after the main instructional period. It's nice to see education and fun work together!

No comments:

Post a Comment