Friday, August 1, 2014

Consumer Critique: Legacy of the Claw

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

I'll admit it - I enjoy reading young adult literature. Sometimes the writing is even better than that geared for adults. I also enjoy stories that have an element of the fantastical in them, and Legacy of the Claw, the first book in the Animas series, has just that. The book follows Bailey Walker, who has not yet found his Animas kin - kin being an even stronger bond than family, a bond that links humans with animals and provides the guiding force in the Animas world. As he tries to discover his Animas, there's danger around his Academy, and a new leader calling for domination over their Animas kin.

It's a unique story, and I love fantasy fiction. The book was a very fast read for me, and left me wanting more. The ending was a satisfying conclusion, but the world of Animas lends itself well to many more exciting stories to come. The book is targeted towards middle grades, but would also appeal to teens and adults who enjoy fantasy fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment