Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Consumer Critique: Tenore

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

Jonathan Antoine is a young tenor who gained fame after appearing on Britain’s Got Talent. He recently released his debut solo album Tenore, available on Portrait, an imprint of Sony Music Masterworks. The album is produced by multi-Grammy-nominated music producer Anna Barry, famous for her work with Andrea Bocelli, Jose Carreras, the Kirov Opera and Andrew Lloyd Webber.
“There’s only one way to express what music gives me. It gives me a purpose. It gives me point. When I sing, I can just be me”, says Jonathan. He is certainly expressive in this album, which contains beautiful works that allow him to show off his range and depth of sound. It includes songs that are more familiar, like Panis Angelicus and Parla Piú Piano from The Godfather, as well as songs that aren't as well-known. I absolutely love tenor voices and have always enjoyed listening to them, and this album was no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment