Saturday, December 20, 2014

Consumer Critique: GuruNanda Pulling Oil

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

Oil pulling is a practice that has been around for years and is reportedly effective for pulling toxins out of the body, resulting in a variety of benefits. Proponents cite cleaner, whiter teeth, fresher breath, and sometimes even weight loss or other benefits.

I didn't use it long enough to experience any of those, but I can say that the experience of oil pulling was surprisingly not as odd as it seemed like it would be. People often use an oil that they have - sunflower or sesame, for example - and for me, the thought of putting a swig of that in my mouth just seems disgusting.

However, GuruNanda makes an oil that's a combination of sunflower, sesame, coconut, and peppermint oil. I think it's the peppermint oil that makes it seem more like a mouthwash than just straight oil. Whatever it is, it's a habit I could get used to, and just might, if I notice any significant benefits over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment