Monday, December 29, 2014

Consumer Critique: Whip Smart - Lola Montez Starts a Revolution

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own. 

I previously reviewed Lola Montez and the Poisoned Nom de Plume, and had a chance to review the newest installment, Whip Smart: Lola Montez Starts a Revolution by Kit Brennan. It's a fun fiction book with historical and romantic elements, with enough suspense to keep the story moving - and is based on an actual 19th century dancer who had exceptional beauty and a strong personality.

It's fun to read a book about little-known historical heroines. It's even better when the book is well-written and engaging. The details of Lola's life are so interesting, I couldn't put it down! Even if you haven't read the other two, you can still pick this book up and enjoy it - but you'll get an even better picture of Lola Montez if you read the first two.


 
I loved the book because not only is it a fun, snappy read, (and really funny), but Lola herself is an interesting and empowering heroine to examine, especially in the context of the modern woman.  As a person who does not normally read historical romance, I found myself particularly drawn to this sexy, espionage-filled account of Lola’s escapades and royal dealings.  The Whip Smart series is really like a movie, and I'm sure it will be someday!
 
Again, we’re fielding advance reviewers for Whip Smart 3.  If, after reading the press release below, you have any interest in receiving an advanced copy of W3: Lola Montez Starts a Revolution for Motherhood Moment, just let me know and I can instantly send you the ebook galley in any format you need. Or if you need a print copy, shoot me your shipping address, I would love to send one out to you (they are limited, so let me know before they run out).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment