This year, shoppers are filling their carts on a tight budget. In fact, in a recent Coupons.com holiday consumer panel, 90% of shoppers admitted to taking advantage of coupons and deals this holiday season. If you’re loading up on coupons for the family and rushing to the mall, then you’re not alone – 99% of shoppers feel absolutely no guilt using coupons to purchase gifts.
I’ve included a few interesting insights from Coupons.com’s holiday consumer panel.
- 65 percent of people consider added financial strain from gift-purchasing to be the most stressful part of the holiday season - yet only 25 percent cite developing a dedicated holiday spending budget as the number one way to stay organized during the holiday season
- Nearly 1 in 4 respondents said they are going to prepare much more this year than have in previous years to help eliminate some of the holiday stress
- Surprisingly, 1 in 5 people stated that they never prepare for the holidays and that each year, it sneaks up on them
- Nearly half of those surveyed cite making gift-giving lists for the people they need to purchase for as the number one way to stay organized and prepare during the holiday season
- Shopping with coupons is a way of life with nearly 90 percent of consumers taking advantage of coupons and deals during the holiday season
- In fact, the majority of people (99 percent) feel no guilt using coupons to purchase gifts during the holiday season