Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Consumer Critique: One of Everything

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

One of Everything is a narrative non-fiction by Donna Carol Voss. Her life is so extraordinary that it reads like fiction, but the entire book is based on her own life experiences. With a strained maternal relationship, sexual experimentation, narrowly missing a stint in jail, and beliefs running the gamut from paganism to Mormon, her life makes me exhausted just reading about it!

Even though there were a lot of elements that I couldn't relate to, I still enjoyed the book. It was well-written, and really drew me in. The themes of family, love, and finding oneself are universal, and even if my journey has been very different, reading the book encouraged me to examine and reflect on my own journal.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment