Thursday, April 16, 2015

Interview with Little Boy's Jakob Salvati

Jakob Salvati, is the child actor for Mark Burnett's latest feature film, LITTLE BOY. Set during the height of World War II, the film stars Michael Rapaport, Jakob Salvati, Emily Watson, and Ali Landry, and is produced by heavyweight TV and movie producer, Mark Burnett.  

The film centers on a little boy, Pepper Flynt Busbee (Jakob Salvati), who is willing to do whatever it takes to end World War II so that he can bring his father home. Through his struggle, Pepper learns the value of self sacrifice (at times hilariously depicted) to the importance of racial equality, and many lessons in between. 


I had a chance to interview Jakob to learn more about him.

What did you like most about starring in the film?
The thing I liked most about being in Little Boy was that my whole family could do it together.  I had not filmed such a big movie before and it was really great to have my parents and all my siblings there for support.  I also really enjoyed driving the golf cart around set too!

How did you get interested in acting?
My brother, Joshua, got me interested in acting.  I didn't even know what it was at first.  I used to tag along as Joshua did auditions and as he practiced his lines in the car, I learned them too.  Then, I started auditioning.  Here I am a few years later with Little Boy coming out!  I so blessed to be given this great opportunity.

What do you think would surprise other kids to know about being in a movie?
It is a lot of hard work.  I have to practice my lines so much, then rehearse with the rest of the cast, and then film.  When filming, we literally do the same scene over and over until every camera angle is taken and everyone gets their parts right.  But, it is also lots of fun.  I got to know David Henrie really well while filming Little Boy.  We spent a lot of time together filming of course, but on our breaks we did some fun stuff too.  One time we went and checked out the ship from Master And Commander.  David was swinging me on the ropes like a captain and I was his first mate!  As for a surprise, I think other kids don't realize the amount of people involved with each film or tv show.  When I was crying so hard during the emotional funeral scene in Little Boy, there were literally like 100 people around me!

No comments:

Post a Comment