Back in January, I reviewed Sensible Portions® Garden Veggie Chips, made with a delicious blend of vegetables, including spinach, potato and tomatoes. Sensible Portions chips are made with non-GMO ingredients, are gluten free and contain no artificial colors, flavors and no added MSG. They make a variety of products in many different flavors now, that I didn't know about during my original review.
I recently had a chance to try them again, and this time, wanted to share some great ways to use the chips, besides just as a snack.
- Use them to coat products you'd normally coat in bread crumbs (like chicken or fish) for a crunchier kick.
- Use them to top casseroles for a slightly salty, crunchy addition.
- Use them to make a savory pie crust (a good balance for a non-sweet cheesecake flavor).
- Add to warm sandwiches or burgers (sounds weird, but plenty of restaurants use those tiny onion rings and it works).
- Add to baked goods recipes. Like the idea of salted caramel, incorporating a salty ingredient can help balance and bring out new flavor nuances.
For more information, check out Sensible Portions on Facebook.