The LucidBrake wireless press-on safer biking brake light is now available for pre-order after recently completing its successful Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaigns, with pricing of $50 until July 2015 (normally $74.99). Early-birds can order the patent-pending smart brake light that can save lives through safer biking and also help fight HIV/AIDS at the same time through LucidBrake’s support for AIDS safety awareness and research.
Lucid Brake Features:
- Ultra bright brake light visible from ½ mile away at night and ¼ mile in the day to prevent cyclists’ injuries.
- Flat back allows it to mount onto multiple surfaces, backpacks, helmets, etc.
- 4 different beacon modes (flashing, fast flashing, solid, off) with modes aligning to the E.U. laws (off or dimmed tail-light).
- Angled cover design increases degree of visibility.
- Brake Light Indicator:
- No pressing a pedal or button necessary.
- Knows when going over bumpy roads, down a hill, or really slowing down.
- Adjusts to the mounting angle.
- Flashes more intensely when stopping suddenly, alerting others.
- No on/off switch: automatically goes into sleep mode when not in use or by changing the position of the unit or storing in flat or horizontal position.
- Long battery life of over 1 year with 2 AAA batteries.
- Waterproof : operates under water for biking in rain or snow, for boating, or other aquatic uses.
- Lightweight: under 2 oz. total weight (including batteries).
- Many other creative non-bicycle uses possible - such as at the end of long truck or car loads.
About LucidLights, LLC
Founded in 2007, LucidLights, LLC designs innovative smart LED lighting technology for safer living. LucidLights ™ are hand-held, oscillating light devices that use persistence of vision to paint bright images (text or graphic) in thin air, stopping people in their tracks with their novel brilliance. In 2013, LucidLights created prototypes for LucidBrake and with the help of a successful crowd-funding campaign, produced their first production run. The new LucidBrake is set to ship in July 2015 with a more advanced algorithm for how and when it turns off and more advanced beacon modes, as well as modes that comply with German E.U. rules of the road. For more information, see www.lucidbrake.com.
AIDS/LifeCycle: Ride to End AIDS is a fully supported, 7-day bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise money and awareness in the fight against HIV/AIDS. AIDS/LifeCycle 2015 will take place May 31st through June 6th, 2015. Every year, this landmark ride through beautiful California delivers a life-changing experience for thousands of participants from all backgrounds and fitness levels united by a common desire to do something heroic. For more information on AIDS Lifecycle, see: http://www.aidslifecycle.org/.