Thursday, May 7, 2015

Consumer Critique: Dreams of My Mothers

Disclosure:  I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

Dreams of My Mothers  is an enthralling book written by Joel L.A.Peterson, exploring the experience being a biracial international adoptee. He begins with the heartbreaking story of a couple's loss of an infant child, and ends with the heartwarming scene of motherly acceptance. In between the book varies between perspectives to provide a picture of the forces on both sides of the ocean that shaped who the boy became.

The book was at times hard to read, but equally uplifting. I actually found myself reading it twice - once skipping through the chapters to read all of a particular perspective, then once as written. As someone who has several friends who have adopted children from other countries, it was an eye-opening story as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment