We are all born with the power to imagine what does not yet exist. What if we used this power to create the world we all dream of living in — for ourselves and for others? Talent for Humanity: Stories of Creativity, Compassion, and Courage to Inspire You on Your Journey (Greenleaf Book Group, April 2015) was developed by Talent for Humanity, an international non-profit organization conceived by a group of individuals drawn together by a single vision of serving humanity and creating a better world through entertainment and the arts.
The book takes a look at seven inspiring individuals — recipients of the NPO’s Human Spirit Award — who have utilized their passion and creativity in the arts to do incredible things to improve the lives of others. Readers will see compassion and creativity, perseverance and strength, from all over the world - the Middle East, Europe, USA, and Asia. Each entry shares the story of standing against prejudice, poverty, and oppression.
Talent for Humanity details the incredible stories of:
- Reza - Philanthropist, idealist, humanist, architect, and award-winning National Geographic photojournalist
- Sherry and Bob Jason - Attorneys and founders of City Hearts
- Aliza Hava - California-based singer, songwriter and peacemaker
- Deeyah Khan - Emmy-award winning film director/producer
- Yarrow Kraner – “Creative alchemist,” photographer, mentor, and builder of innovative social media communities
- Daniele Finzi Pasca - Theater director, Olympic ceremony creator/director, and clown
The book is inspiring, and makes me really want to do something with my life. Each of the personalities featured has a compelling story to tell, and even though we can't all have that much influence, we can still positively affect the world around us in some way - and we may never know where that will lead us until we try.
Talent for Humanity recognizes, celebrates, and supports individuals whose talents had, and still have, a positive impact on humanity and serve as a source of inspiration to others. They are living examples of the capacity of each human being to transform the world. A young, international nonprofit organization, Talent for Humanity was conceived by a group of people drawn together by a single vision of serving humanity and by the idea that it is possible to create a better world through entertainment and the arts.