Monday, May 18, 2015

Consumer Critique: There's Goo on My Shoe

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

Here Comes Trouble is a band led by jazz-trained husband-wife due who have a day job as lawyers. It's not a typical combination, but I'm sure they have an exciting life! On June 9th they'll be releasing  their debut kids'/family album, Goo On My Shoe, an eclectic collection of songs that celebrate the goofy and sweet things that are likely to pop up in everyone's life.




The songs are silly adventures, ranging from the fantastical (alligators in a bog) to the typical (dinner and baths). Their jazz training is very evident, as jazz musicians typically already mix jazz, samba, and punk, but there are also pop, hip hop, rock, and bluegrass influences. Their humor is similar to that of the poetry of Shel Silverstein - wry, imaginative, kid-friendly.My girls both loved the CD, and the music was catchy enough that even if I found the lyrics crazy, I still enjoyed the musicality of the group.




 
Here Comes Trouble - Performance Highlights - May - July 2015

May 23 - 5:00 p.m. - Hometown Holidays Kids' Stage, Rockville Town Square, Rockville, MD
June 6 - 4:30 p.m. - FNDTN Gallery & Liveroom, 3762A Howard Ave., Kensington, MD 20895 - Album Release Party!
July 9 - 3:00 p.m. -  Summerfest Family Theatre Series, Baker Park, Frederick, MD
 
Visit Here Comes Trouble's website HERE.
Here Comes Trouble on Facebook.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment