Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Interview with Step Stool Chef

A kid with a passion for cooking since age two, Step Stool Chef is inspiring kids everywhere who share his love for food. With the motto, “Little guys can do big things too!,” Step Stool Chef has joined the ranks of top chefs, cooks, bloggers and foodies on the step-by-step cooking app SideChef to share his recipes and make cooking fun and easy for cooks of all levels and ages.
 
Ranked in the iTunes Store’s Top 10 apps in the Food and Drinks category and named on USA Today’s best apps of 2014, SideChef provides audio and visual directions, automatic timers and even tutorial videos and tips to guide cooks along the way. The following are a list of Step Stool Chef’s recipes that are perfect for the little cook in your household: Waffle Iron Grilled Cheese, Pizza in a Bowl, Mac and Cheese Bites, Taco Buddies, Rainbow Pasta Salad, Italian Baked Tilapia Parmesan & Basil Pesto Rice, Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole, Salmon with Brown Sugar Glaze, Vanilla Ice Cream Souffle, Cupcake Fondue, YaYa’s No Bake Strawberry Shortcake .

I had a chance to interview him to learn more.


What inspired your interest in cooking?I started helping my mom and Ya - ya (that's what I call my grandmother) cook when I was two years old. Then one time on my third birthday we were snowed in and couldn't go anywhere. My mom decided to make a cake using the ingredients in the pantry but I wanted to make it myself. I couldn't reach the counter so I had to use a step stool but was so happy that I made my own birthday cake. From there the Step Stool Chef was born. 
Who do you look up to in the culinary world?I really like Guy Fiery. I started watching him on Rachel and Guys Kid cook off, Minute to Win it and Diners Drive-in and Dives. The best day ever is when I got a chance to meet him in Washington DC. He even called me on stage to cook with him during a cooking demonstration and signed a spoon that said "Step Stool Chef, you rock". That was so cool. 
Why do you think kids should get involved with cooking?It's really fun and when people like your food... you feel good about it. You also learn a lot and parents will be really proud and surprised when they see what their kids can do. Besides little guys can do big things too.

No comments:

Post a Comment