Think sitting in the sun or stepping into the spray tan booth are your only options for looking bronzed and beautiful this summer? Think again. You don’t have to bake, and you don’t have to fake it either. Here, courtesy of SmileSimplicity, are 6 simple tips for getting that sunkissed, outdoorsy girl look.
1. Wear white and lots of it. And just as nice, you’ll feel and look cool and collected.
2. Consider a new nail polish. White isn’t the only color that will bring out your inner golden goddess. Any color that is lighter than your skin will make your complexion look bold by comparison. Neons, corals, and golds are good choices.
3. Pile on the turquoise jewelry. This soft color pops against skin. Pastels like mint green work well too.
3. Whiten your smile. There are many tooth whitening options on the market, from whitening toothpastes and mouth rinses to in-office treatments. But why not brighten your smile permanently with SmileSimplicity porcelain veneers? This is a new generation porcelain veneer that doesn’t require any drilling away of sensitive tooth structure and thus no anesthesia. Bonus: this magic transformation can also correct chips, cracks and imperfections.
4. Go for the bronze: Dust a bronzer over cheekbones, but ask the makeup counter expert to help you pick your shade. Ideally, it should be no more than two shades darker than your natural skin tone. You’re going for glow, not stripes.
5. Choose a coral lipstick and sheer gold eye shadow.
6. Sun kiss your hair with blond streaks. Already blond? Add dimension and contrast with some lowlights.