Leadership has been defined as a process of social influence in which one person can enlist the aid and support of others in the accomplishment of a defined task. Leadership is a quality which cannot be acquired by any person from the other but it can be acquired by self determination of a person. Leadership can best be called the personality of the very highest ability-whether in thinking, ruling, innovation, imagining, warring, or religious influencing. A good leader must have the discipline to work toward their vision single-mindedly, as well as to direct their actions and those of the team toward their goal. Action is the mark of a leader. A leader does not suffer but is always doing something in pursuit of the vision, inspiring others to do the same. Leadership is a quality hidden in the personality of a human being. Human personality is very complex and it is very difficult to grade individuals according to one’s personality. Leadership, on the other hand, depends on the organic structure of the personality which includes experience, skill, responsibility, intelligence, power of organizing people and social interaction. Leadership is an indispensable activity, which every leader has tap perform for directing the people, working under him. It is the ability of the Leader to induce subordinates to work with confidence and zeal. In other words it is the process by which a leader imaginatively directs guides and influences the work of others in choosing and attaining specified goals by mediating between the individuals and the organisation in such as manner, that both will obtain maximum satisfaction. Good leaders are made not born. If you have the desire and willpower, you can become an effective leader. Good leaders develop through a never ending process of self-study, education, training, and experience. This guide will help you through that process. To inspire your workers into higher levels of teamwork, there are certain things you must know and do. Leadership does not come naturally, but are acquired through continual work and study. Good leaders are continually studying and working to improve their leadership skills; they are not resting.
1. Attitude: Basically, a good student possesses the ability and willingness to learn new subjects even the subjects are not interesting.
2. Academic skills: Acquiring academic skills is the most important quality of a good student. Ability to read comprehensively, to write effectively, to speak fluently and to communicate clearly is the key areas in which a good student must be proficient. Having a good handle in all these areas will make a student to shine in the class.
3. Intrinsic traits: The traits such as intelligence, good looks, height and so on are not necessary to become a leader. Anyone can cultivate the proper leadership traits.
4. Exemplary Character: A good leader must have an exemplary character. It is most important that a leader is trustworthy to lead others. A leader needs to be trusted and be known to live their life with honestly and integrity.
5. Enthusiastic: A good leader is enthusiastic about his role as a leader. Leaders need to be able to be a source of inspiration, and be a motivator towards the required action or cause.
6. Confidence: A good leader must be confident. In order to lead and to set a direction, leader needs to appear confident as a person and in the leadership role.
7. Proper function: A leader also needs to function in an orderly and purposeful manner in situations of uncertainty
8. Calm and Composed: Good leaders are tolerant of ambiguity and they remain calm, composed and steadfast to the main purpose.
9. Analytical Thinking: A good leader as well as keeping the main goal in focus is the ability to think analytically.
10. Achieving excellence: A good leader is committed to achieve excellence in all the areas.
11. Trust: Team members trust makes people feel empowered, gives them the courage to innovate, take risks, and to push themselves beyond their comfort zones to find the success.
12. Empathy: Showing empathy towards your colleagues brings good results. Emotional intelligence is widely recognized as a leadership quality.
13. Mentorship: No matter how talented you may be, we crave the guiding hand, the mentor who will teach you the rules of the game. When people are perplexed about what the future holds for their organizations and themselves, mentorship is critical.
14. Other traits: The important in being a successful leader are accountability, humility, imagination, passion and confidence.
15. Ability: A good student has the ability to apply the results of his or her learning in to a creative way and to achieve the goals.
16. Perceptiveness: How well a student can interpret and perceive meanings from a conversation greatly determines the quality of a good. A good student always perceives right meaning from conversations, but an average student often misunderstands the original thoughts of a writer and derives a wrong conclusion.
17. Self-Discipline: Discipline in managing the time is an important factor that every good student must follow. Often times, delaying the tasks, such as writing assignments, reading text books, etc, may negatively impact the ability of a student to achieve the goals.
18. Understanding rather than memorizing concepts: A lot of surveys suggest students must understand the concepts rather than just memorizing them. The memorized facts and theories will stay in students’ memory until they leave the school, college, or university. Once out of school, the students will totally forget the core concepts that they have learned. Therefore, it is essential that a good student understand the concepts.
Finally, a good leader must have faithful to his group members and the activities. This in turn, will result in an atmosphere of assurance among the followers. Having faith in self abilities and the world around him the leader gains inspiration and also inspires others in the process.
I am Amy G. Bugbee, an essay writing expert having 10 years of experience. I am working for the custom essay writing services Company. We always helps the students for their academic works like essay writing, term paper writing, dissertation writing etc.