Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Consumer Critique: Cardinal Home Health

“Cardinal Health sent me this product to try, and donated to a charity of my choice.”

In general, you can get run-of-the-mill health products at most stores that will fulfill the average family's needs. However, sometimes there are situations where you need something more than you can just pick up at the local store - and sometimes there are times when just getting to the store is difficult, such as right after childbirth, surgery, or major injury.

Cardinal Health™ Hospital Quality at Home™ provide peace of mind, knowing that you're getting hospital-quality products right at home. products include Advanced Wound Care, First Aid, Personal Care, and Home Healthcare products. These are designed to be used by the over 40 million people experiencing post-hospital care, or 40 million Americans providing unpaid care to an adult. Cardinal Health has nearly 100 years of experiences providing products to medical institutions, so you know their home products will be good quality too. The Advanced Wound Care line has products for minor blisters, cuts and scrapes, and also pressure ulcers (sometimes called bedsores). 

These are the products I got to try out - several different dressings, gloves, and a protective underpad. I don't typically use gloves at home, but they will come in handy if there's ever a visitor with an injury - my universal precautions training that I get as an educator and city employee have trained me in caution there!
Honestly at first I didn't know what I would do with this, but there are a lot of ways this underpad can be used. It can protect the bed from occasional wetting the bed or be placed on furniture if you're caring for an adult that would have issues controlling bladder or bowel movements. I actually could use it for my daughter to lay on when she was had an upset stomach - much easier to throw it away than to try to wash vomit or diarrhea out of sheets! At first I had no idea how I was going to use this product, but if my kids do get sick on it, I'm definitely ordering more!

You can learn more @CardinalHealth, and on LinkedIn, For more product information and indications for use, visitwww.cardinalhealth.com/products.

No comments:

Post a Comment