Friday, December 4, 2015

Book Nook: The Penguin Lessons - What I Learned from a Remarkable Bird

The Penguin Lessons is a true account of a British schoolteacher who rescued a penguin from an oil slick, then smuggled him home and made a place for him to live at the boarding school. I had a chance to read this cute book, and it's an amazing tale. The idea of being able to smuggle an animal like that home is like a real life Mr. Popper's Penguins (which my brothers and I loved when we were little).

The book is written in a fun tone - it's a serious book, with real life lessons, yet it's amusing to picture the penguin out of its natural habitat. The illustrations in the book add to the story, and it's quite a delightful read. My brother, whose favorite animal was a penguin growing up, really loved the story as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment