Friday, June 10, 2016

Music Minute: Can You Canoe

I had not heard of the Okee Dokee Brothers until a few years ago, when my girls were invited to a birthday party where they played. The mini-concert was a blast, so I was happy to review Can You Canoe? And Other Adventure Songs. It's the first picture book by two guys who have been best friends since childhood and are Minnesota Locals. Can You Canoe? was their first album, winning a Parents' Choice Award and a Grammy.

This book/CD combo tries to get kids and adults outside. The songs go across the country, from Appalachia's hills to canyons out west. The charming illustrations add a fun touch, and the songs are family-friendly, with an upbeat, folksy sound. My kids and my husband also enjoyed listening to (and singing along with) the songs.

The book/CD combo would be perfect for anyone who likes upbeat folk music or adventure in the outdoors.



No comments:

Post a Comment