Accessible via an iPhone, tablet and the web, Picniic functions like an operating system for the home with high quality feature integrations that help the entire family to share data in a meaningful and useful way. For example, parents can look up new recipes, then add the ingredients to their grocery lists, and quickly drop the recipe into the family calendar so everyone knows what’s for dinner. The friendly user interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, making organizing everything from school activities to finding your children’s medical information completely seamless.
The platform features eight different interactive tools to keep families organized including:
- Shared family calendar– Built from the ground up specifically for the family, the calendar gives users a snapshot of every family member’s daily activities and ability to assign events to family members in real time.
- To dos, lists and notes – Assign or share your to-dos, lists and notes with the whole family or the babysitter.
- Meal planner and My Recipes – Plan out your meals for the week with this unique tool. Connects to recipe search feature and allows you to save your recipes.
- Group Event planning – Make party planning a breeze with event planning that lets users poll friends and family (even non-Picniic users) about the day and time that works best.
- Info locker – Securely store your family’s important information such as insurance, medical and emergency contacts.
- Family locator – Parents will never wonder where their kids are with the locator app. Easily share your location with family members.
Additionally, the platform includes three popular third party integrations (with more coming soon) that truly make family management easier.
- Recipe search – Find recipes from popular websites like Jamie Oliver and Epicurious. Save recipes, add items to your grocery list and share the list with the family shopper.
- TeamSnap integrations – Integration with the number one sports team management tool allows parents to stay up to date with kids’ sports schedules, rosters and team news.
- Work Calendar – Sync your work calendar to the Picniic family calendar or vice versa.
Picniic will be available in both a free and premium paid version. The free edition gives parents access to basic tools to stay organized, such as the family calendar and to do list, while the paid app, available for a $15 monthly subscription fee for the whole family, includes more specialized features like the information locker and meal planner. Picniic is currently available for download on iOS devices in the App Store.
Picniic is a next-generation family organizer built with the goal of being the ‘operating system for the family home.’ Picniic serves as a dashboard that brings all your family activities, tasks and data together. The dashboard is shareable, meaning everyone in the family can access it, keeping family members connected. By consolidating information into one central location, Picniic has created a unique and easy-to-use system for managing and simplifying the family home. For more information, please visit http://www.picniic.com.