It’s finally time to hit the slopes! Radek Mista, FastToll founder and travel expert, provides the best local Midwest ski destinations. FastToll, a new toll tracking mobile app, saves users time allowing motorists without an IPASS to pay their tolls at a later date instead of stopping to pay at each tollbooth. Use FastToll to drive to the top 5 ski resorts in the Midwest faster:
1. Granite Peak Resort: Part of the Rib Mountain State Park, Granite Peak Resort is the largest ski resort in the Midwest including Michigan and Wisconsin. With 75 runs and 3 speed lifts spanning across 405-acres of land, Granite Peak Resort is the skiing Midwest epicenter. Located in Wausau, WI, there are several hotel accommodations, night-time activities, children’s programs and restaurants.
2. Chestnut Mountain Resort: Located in historic Galena, IL this family friendly resort has 19 runs and a 475-foot vertical drop. Chestnut Mountain Resort offers lodging accommodations, a spa, three restaurants and programs tailored to younger children. Nestled in the hills, this resort has a beautiful view of the Mississippi River.
3. Ski Brule: Voted “Visitors Choice Best Overall Resort” six years in a row from onthesnow.com Ski Brule is a family-oriented resort located in Iron River, MI. Because of the resort’s snowmaking ability, the resort opens as early as October through April. Ski Brule offers private, semi-private and group ski/snowboarding lessons. Activities include snow tubing hills and a sleigh ride up to Homstead Lodge for its infamous BBQ dinner.
4. Crystal Mountain: With multiple lodging options ranging from bungalows to hotel rooms, Crystal Mountain is a full-service resort that offers skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating and fat tire snow biking. Located in Thompsonville, MI, Crystal Mountain, unlike other resorts, is open year round with activities for each season.
5. Cascade Mountain: Located near Wisconsin Dells, Cascade Mountain provides the longest S-rail in the United States, for skiing and snowboarding tricks and snow tubing, which is perfect for beginners and small children. At night, lights are turned on to cascade on the slopes for a few more hours of fun on the hills.