Monday, January 16, 2017

Book Nook: The Divorce Talk - How to Tell the Kids

I'm thankful that my husband and I have a solid relationship. However, that's not the case for all marriages and relationships. Vikki Stark, a family therapist with over thirty years' experience, recently wrote The Divorce Talk: How to Tell the Kids and I had a chance to review it.

I liked how this book really made it about the kids and maintaining a strong connection with the kids. It wasn't judgmental, and it was written broadly enough to cover a variety of reasons. It also had specific issues such as how to handle blame, what to do if the divorce is because of an affair, and the best time to talk to your kids about it.

If you're in a situation that's leading to divorce, it's hard enough to deal with the conflict without worrying about how to tell your kids. A guide like this can help make it easier to not only tell the kids, but also keep family relationships strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment