Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Book Nook: Pogue's Basics: Money

Pogue's Basics provide readers with easy-to-understand tips on a variety of topics. I had a chance to review the latest, Pogue's Basics: Money: Essential Tips and Shortcuts (That No One Bothers to Tell You) About Beating the System.

I was pleasantly surprised. Typically a book about the "basics" when it comes to money doesn't teach me anything. This book is intentional in the introduction about avoiding just regurgitating the same points you'd hear elsewhere, as well as avoiding more extreme measures for saving money. Although there were quite a few things I already new, there were also a lot of tips I hadn't heard before, and a few that we have decided to start to put into practice as a family.

The book is easy to read, great for anyone who wants either an introduction to money-saving or a brush up on some new ways to be thrifty.

No comments:

Post a Comment