I wanted to post about this book, even though I haven't reviewed it, because it does highlight some important facts.
Author Adele Paula Royce tackles the raw and challenging, but very real topic of suicide. Written as a semi-fictional memoir, THE LITTLE BLACK BOOK OF SUICIDE NOTES (Live Your Light Publishing; February 14, 2017) follows the thoughts of one woman, who’s contemplating the question of whether or not she should end her own life.
· While it may seem contradictory to launch a book about suicide on Valentine’s Day, it’s actually very appropriate.
· To many, February 14th is a happy and romantic day spent with partners and loved ones, but to those who are suffering it can be one of the most disheartening days of the year.
· Suicide hotlines get more calls on Valentine’s Day than any other day of the year.
· Despite that most people would want everyone to feel cheerful and excited for the holiday, this strong societal pressure to be happy only makes the struggle that much harder for those who are distressed.
· Adele’s message this Valentine’s Day is that it’s more important to love yourself, as opposed to being loved by someone else.
· Know that it’s okay to feel discouraged and sad, even if the rest of the world is seeing roses.