From a sprained ankle, runner’s knee, tennis elbow and more, Pains and Strains is the first company to offer physician level therapies and medical tools at a retail cost.
With the emergence of activity trackers, fitness apps, and high-intensity fitness programs, people are now more active than ever, often pushing themselves beyond their physical limits. Each injury specific kit will help prevent minor pains from becoming serious injuries as well as provide specialized therapies for a speedy recovery.
I had a chance to interview him to learn more.
What are some of the most common injuries in teens and young adults?
How about senior citizens and older adults?
How can it help to have a targeted injury care kit?
- Each kit was created based on the 30 years of clinical experiences to include the best products and proven instruction to help people recover from their pain and strain quickly. Each kit will reduce swelling, protect the injury, help regain strength and mobility, and finally soothe immediate pain. The products to accomplish these goals have been specifically selected based on our experience to represent the highest medical quality and the latest techniques in conservative care.
What are some fundamentals of injury prevention and care?
- The Four Key Elements of Recovery
1) Swelling Reduction: Compression and Cold is a powerful and proven way to reduce pain and swelling
2) Injury Protection: A high quality brace helps maintain alignment throughout recovery and beyond
3) Pain Management: Instant relief with powerful topical analgesic with just a simple spray
4) Strength and Stretch: Regaining strength and full range of motion will help you heal and aid in prevention
Pains and Strains is the brainchild of Dr. Ryan Geringer, a renowned Orthopedic Sports Medicine doctor at Hughston Clinic, and Joe McClung, a former executive for a large Orthopedic Device Manufacturer behind such brands as Dr. Comfort, Aircast, and Procare. With a respective 20 years of experience in the field, they’re looking to shake up the healthcare paradigm for the benefit of their patients, by combining the latest physical therapy techniques and medical grade tools.