Monday, March 20, 2017

Soul Sustenance: Faithgirlz Promises for You Coloring Devotional

My older tween daughter loves art, so I was very happy to review the Faithgirlz Promises for You Coloring Devotional from Zondervan. The book is designed for girls  8-12 (my daughter is 9) and has simple promises that can mean a lot to a girl going through a challenging time for her self-image.

The illustrations and patterns were very nicely crafted. They were complicated enough that it definitely didn't feel like a little kids' coloring book, but not too detailed that the average tween girl wouldn't be able to do well. The paper is thick, so it's appropriate for colored pencils, pens, or fine-point markers.

Art can be a beautiful expression, and also a chance to relax and meditate on a particular theme. For a girl who is into art, this makes an excellent choice for a devotional. The hardest thing for me is keeping my daughter from looking ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment