Monday, October 30, 2017

Consumer Critique: Chut Up Condiments

I recently had a chance to try out some new condiments from a brand-new company, CHUT UP. There were three unique flavors: Beet KetchupApple & Caramelized Onion Chutney and Peri Peri Hot Sauce

The condiments are created to be healthier than traditional condiments, yet still delicious. Created by Sarah Payton and  South African Chef Hugo Uys, CHUT UP's mission is to provide a meal maker that is healthy without sacrificing on taste or flavor. They are produced in partnership with Rutgers Food Innovation Center, who launched and did the development with Impossible Foods.

I was a little skeptical at first - beet ketchup? and what's a peri peri? I started with the chutney, and it was a delicious pairing with meat. It added a little bit of sweetness, and I think it's awesome on pork or ham. The beet ketchup went over surprisingly well. It's got a different taste than traditional tomato ketchup, but my kids ate it and kept eating it even after they found out it was made with beets. The hot sauce wasn't a win for them, but they don't like hot sauce anyway - however, for my husband and myself, it was a great accompaniment to chips, and also worked well to add a little zing in recipes (where my kids did eat it without complaint).

The small jar size and unique brand make it a great addition to a gift basket, or a nice gesture of appreciation for someone who you'd like to give a small token to. Right now they can be purchased online at $4.50 a jar. I'm looking forward to ordering more when my jars run out, or for holiday gifts later this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment