Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Consumer Critique: Planetarians Chips

I recently had a chance to try out new Planetarians sunflower chips. They are delicious - even more so than I expected.

I'm not a huge fan of sunflower seeds, so I wasn't sure exactly how that would play out, but it isn't really a concern. These chips definitely have a different texture, taste, and mouthfeel than other chips, but they are delicious.

They come in three flavors (available soon on Amazon): Sweet & Smoky BBQ (lightly spicy, but fairly mild), Sweetly Cinnamon (not too sweet, with just a hint of cinnamon), and Sweet Sriracha (which I didn't get to try). They had a chocolate I got to try too but it doesn't currently appear to be listed.

I love the story behind these. They're made from a byproduct of sunflower processing, so they're using something that ordinarily would be sent away as waste. They have great nutritional values: more protein than beef and more fiber than an apple.

Right now they're only available on Amazon. They're all-natural, vegan, non-GMO, kosher, GF, and free of common allergens. If you're interested in a new snack product that's good for you, check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment